Re: [exim] Exim 4.96 on Devuan 4.0 build problem with PCRE2

Author: John Jetmore
To: Mike Tubby
CC: Andrew C Aitchison via Exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim 4.96 on Devuan 4.0 build problem with PCRE2
On Sun, Feb 5, 2023 at 6:27 PM Mike Tubby via Exim-users <
exim-users@???> wrote:

> The thing is that I have pcre3-dev and the rest of the PCRE2 libraries
> installed (mine you someone will will have to explain why version
> numbers are going backwards) ... ;-)
>
> For upstream, pcre3 doesn't exist. I was going to say you typo'd it

until you mentioned the version going backwards. A quick google turned up
"the stock pcre3-dev package is actually an older build - pcre2 is the
where the current new builds are happening" on a devuan forum. Try
installing pcre2-dev instead of pcre3-dev