Re: [exim] Ideas for blocking addresses with quotation marks…

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Slavko
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] Ideas for blocking addresses with quotation marks in them?
Dňa 27. decembra 2022 10:07:19 UTC používateľ Slavko via Exim-users <exim-users@???> napísal:

>First technical question -- is not that equivalent to "@..." address? I
>didn't check sytax in RFC right now, only from memory... If so,
>then IMO it have be rejected as syntax error by exim (but it is not).

OK, it seems, that this syntax is allowed by RFC, thus technically
it is valid address:

    Quoted-string = DQUOTE *QcontentSMTP DQUOTE

>When i tried it (-bh), it fails to verify (without callout) by dnslookup
>router in my case. I cannot copy paste log for now, but it seems, that
>router is confused by quotes.

No, it is not confused, the MX has not A/AAAA record, i didn't read
output carefuly, i am sorry...

regards

--
Slavko