Re: [exim] Rspamd 3.3 , exim 4.9.4 no scan incoming mails

Author: Slavko
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Rspamd 3.3 , exim 4.9.4 no scan incoming mails
Ahoj,

Dňa Fri, 23 Dec 2022 11:25:24 +0100 Mueller via Exim-users
<exim-users@???> napísal:

> Dear all,
> I set up spam filtering with rspamd and exim.
> But only internal emails are scanned. Emails fetched by fetchmail are
> not scanned.

How fetchmail sends emails to exim? AFAIK fetchmail delivers emails
directly to mailbox by default. You have either to set it to use exim
cmd as MDA or setup it to deliver over TCP.

If you choose first option (exim cmd), be aware that it uses non_smtp
ACLs, not the data ACL, if you choose second, see below...

> acl_check_data:
> accept hosts = +relay_from_hosts

Even when you configure it to use TCP, the localhost (127.0.0.1, ::1)
can be in +relay_from_hosts in debian by default. Thus you have to make
sure, that message is not accepted before it hits SPAM filter.

> warn spam =  _rspamd:true          ####Debian11 it is the rspamd user

The user with rspamd variant is ignored, thus do not worry about it:

    spam = nobody:true

I used fetchmail long time ago, and even in that time i didn't use SPAM
filter, thus i cannot help more. Run exim in debug mode, and watch what
it is doing, when fetchmail try to deliver message...

--
Slavko
https://www.slavino.sk