Re: [exim] exim 4.96 stopping because postfix is starting?

Author: Johnnie W Adams
To: Julian Bradfield
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim 4.96 stopping because postfix is starting?
I believe the original message has a MailFrom value, but I don't see where
the bounce message has one, so I'm going to say "The failing bounce message
has an empty MailFrom" and ask how I would address that.

On Tue, Dec 20, 2022 at 10:39 AM Julian Bradfield via Exim-users <
exim-users@???> wrote:

> On 2022-12-20, Johnnie W Adams via Exim-users <exim-users@???> wrote:
> > What puzzles me about that is why this _doesn't_ pass SPF. The outbound
> > node is also mta.ualr.edu, which is right there in the SPF record:
> > "v=spf1 a:mta.ualr.edu include:_spf.google.com redirect=_spf.ualr.edu"
>
> > I also don't quite understand this from the log: What should be in the
> > empty set of brackets?
> >
> > SPF check for [] does not pass with ip: [144.167.8.120].
>
> Are you sending a message with an empty MailFrom ?
> In that case, the SPF check will be done against postmaster@EHLO,
> where EHLO is the name your server gave in EHLO. If that name isn't
> covered by your SPF records, it won't pass.
>
> --

John Adams
Senior Linux/Middleware Administrator | Information Technology Services
+1-501-916-3010 | jxadams@??? | http://ualr.edu/itservices
*UA Little Rock*

Reminder: IT Services will never ask for your password over the phone or
in an email. Always be suspicious of requests for personal information that
come via email, even from known contacts. For more information or to
report suspicious email, visit IT Security
<http://ualr.edu/itservices/security/>.