Re: [exim] dkim=fail (body hash mismatch; body probably mod…

Author: Slavko
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] dkim=fail (body hash mismatch; body probably modified in transit)
Dňa 12. decembra 2022 9:21:11 UTC používateľ Victor Sudakov via Exim-users <exim-users@???> napísal:

>I'm using a single /etc/exim4/exim4.conf file as I have a FreeBSD
>background and am used to a single exim config. In fact, I hate the
>split stuff very much.

It must do not matter until you switch from one to other, by default
both are the same, then you customize only one of them... I like
the split config, as it is more simple to upgrade with it...

>"acl_smtp_dkim = acl_check_dkim" and then

You do not need it at all, unless you do something with DKIM
signature, eg. reject some of signatures. All DKIM signatures
in message are checked by default, there is global option to
customize which domains add/require to check even without
signature in message.

You can try to send messages to two recipients (target hosts)
at once, then get message file from both and compare them to
find difference. You can try to test the file from other host with
-bh option, to see results...

You can install some software/tool to do DKIM verify from shell
to see/compare result with exim's, if they differ, there will be
something wrong, with one or other. I never used any...

Carefully check, that exim gets right public key from DNS, that
it wasn't modified on wire... You can do it from exim with the
-be option.

regards

--
Slavko