Re: [exim] if you use openssl v3+ with exim

Author: Andrew C Aitchison
To: Cyborg
CC: exim-users
New-Topics: Re: [exim] checking MX (was: if you use openssl v3+ with exim)
Subject: Re: [exim] if you use openssl v3+ with exim
On Fri, 9 Dec 2022, Cyborg via Exim-users wrote:

> The issue is reproduceable with openssl s_client directly:
>
> openssl s_client -connect 82.218.176.66:25 -starttls smtp

I am not going to report the testssl results I got for that host:port
here, but they are very worrying.

Marius, do you have a contact for that server ?

I note:
# host 82.218.176.66
66.176.218.82.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer circuit.inbus.at.
# host -t mx circuit.inbus.at.
circuit.inbus.at has no MX record

So the machine probably should not be running a mail server at all.

--
Andrew C. Aitchison                      Kendal, UK
                    andrew@???