Re: [exim] Keep local_part_suffix in redirect router

Author: Andrew C Aitchison
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Keep local_part_suffix in redirect router
On Tue, 8 Nov 2022, Frank Richter via Exim-users wrote:

> we'd like to allow subaddresses like user+sub@domain to deliver to users’s
> folder sub (if existent) via lmtp. Target system is cyrus-imapd.
> We have these routers:
>
> global_aliases:
> driver = redirect
> allow_defer
> allow_fail
> data = ${lookup{$local_part@$domain}dbm{DBM/aliases}}
> local_part_suffix = "+*"
> local_part_suffix_optional
> retry_use_local_part
> no_rewrite
>
> local_user:
> driver = accept
> domains = mailbox.hrz.tu-chemnitz.de : mail.tu-chemnitz.de
> no_check_local_user
> transport = lmtp
> …
>
> and this transport:
>
> lmtp:
> driver = smtp
> protocol = lmtp
> hosts = host1
> rcpt_include_affixes = true
> delivery_date_add
>
> Running
> /usr/sbin/exim -v -d-all+route -bvfri+test@???
> shows:

Does "-d-all+route+transport" give any clues ?

(I always put a space between -bv and the address, but I could be wrong.)

> Does anybody has a hint how to keep the subaddress to the lmtp transport?

I take it that you need to use the suffix option so that
you can use your alias database correctly ?
${sg} might help you there - check whether the suffix follows the first or last "+".

rcpt_include_affixes isn't *explicitly* mentioned in local_part_suffix
but the intent is clearly that this should work,
so this sounds like a bug to me.

--
Andrew C. Aitchison                      Kendal, UK
                    andrew@???