Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] licensing and SPDX
On 2022-10-31 Jeremy Harris via Exim-users <exim-users@???> wrote:
> On 30/10/2022 15:37, Andreas Metzler via Exim-users wrote:
> > a) Yes, but. It would be very nice if the whole exim distribution had
> > correct per-file attribution/copyright/license. However it is going to
> > be quite a bit of work and it is the type of work with - well - limited
> > appeal for many.

> Would Debian use such markup in any way?

Eventually. Debian has something called machine readable copyright
format to document per file copyright/license information. It emerged
in parallel with SPDX. However afaik we do not have packaged tooling to
automatically generate DEP-5 copyright files from SPDX license
identifiers. Reuse might do the trick.

(Currently the Debian packaging does not provide a machine readable
copyright file.)

cu Andreas
so grateful to you.'