Re: [exim] Exim MariaDB and SSL

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Brent Clark
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Exim MariaDB and SSL

On 2022/11/02 16:27, Andrew C Aitchison via Exim-users wrote:
> You don't say which of these suggestions, if any, helped.
>
>> If I can suggest ... to the powers that be. Maybe update and clarify
>> in the documentation (an example too couldn't hurt).
>> Use it ... don't use it.
>
> The PTB are overloaded.
> Would you care to write the changes you would like to see
> and submit them either here to exim-dev@??? ?

Sure

All I did was, I created the file /etc/mysql/conf.d/my,cnf

With the contents.
[exim]
host= $IP_OF_PROXYSQL
port= $PORT
user=$USERNAME
password=$PASSWORD
database=$DATABASE
ssl_cert=/etc/ssl/server-cert.pem
ssl_key=/etc/ssl/server-key.pem
ssl_ca=/etc/ssl/ca-cert.pem

Thats all I needed to do on Exims side.

Then for Dovecots /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf.ext
I set:
driver = mysql
connect = option_group=exim option_file=/etc/mysql/conf.d/my.cnf

Dont forget to configure your DB user with "REQUIRE SSL"  then tcpdump,
to make sure its encrypted.

I think thats everything.

Hope this helps

Regards