Re: [exim] Suggestion for Antivirus to use with Exim

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Patrick Cernko
To: Luca Bertoncello, Users, Exim
Betreff: Re: [exim] Suggestion for Antivirus to use with Exim
Hi Luca,

On 27.09.22 14:19, Luca Bertoncello via Exim-users wrote:
> Hi list!
>
> Currently, at office, we use Kaspersky, Avast and ClamAV as Antivirus
> programs.
> All these programs will be used within Exim, to check all inbound and
> outbound E-Mails.
>
> Now, we know, Kaspersky/Russia/problem/etc...
> So, we must search an alternative to Kaspersky.
>
> Unfortunately, I didn't found anything that works good on Linux and have
> a good recognition rate.
>
> Now the question to you: can someone suggest me one (or more!) product
> to use in enteprise context to protect our E-Mails?
> Very important: the scan _must_ be done within Exim to allow us to
> reject infected E-Mails.
>
> I tried ESET, and it seems to work good, but unfortunately is not
> available anymore...

I have successfully integrated WithSecure (F-Secure for Bussiness)
Scanner a few weeks ago. Integration was done using the cmdline
interface. I have a small shell script that does some additional
analysis/logging but basically, I just use

  WITHSECURE_SOCKET = cmdline:\
                       /opt/f-secure/linuxsecurity/bin/fsanalyze %s:\
                       result=(infected|suspected):\
                       infection=([^ ]*)

There are still some few mails only recognized by KLMS. I think you can
always find a thread that is first recognized by one engine and only
later by others. Also I had to tune the WithSecure settings a bit about
archives.

Getting WithSecure installed on our servers was the harder part. Let me
know, if you need help there.

Best,
--
Patrick Cernko <pcernko@???> +49 681 9325 5815
Joint Scientific IT and Technical Service