[exim] After upgrade to Exim 4.95 or 4.96: "setgroups: Inval…

Author: Lasse Törngren
To: Exim-users
Subject: [exim] After upgrade to Exim 4.95 or 4.96: "setgroups: Invalid argument"
Hello,

I have a problem that occurred since I tried to upgrade to Exim 4.95. I am using a couple of Macs as servers, and has one server running MacOS Mojave and Exim 4.94 without any issue.

I have tried to upgrade to Exim 4.95 on this machine, and to Exim 4.96 on a new server that I am setting up with MacOS Big Sur. On both servers I get Exim Panic with “setgroups: Invalid argument” at local (virtual) delivery. The users are set up with mysql, so the path for delivery is a result of a mysql query. I have really tried to figure out on my own why this is happening (through debugging, checking file and folder paths and permissions and so on), but no luck so far. On the new server everything works out fine with Exim 4.94, as with the old server.

Can somebody push me in the right direction regarding this issue?

Best regards

Lasse