Re: [exim] SMTP transport interface IPv4/IPv6

Author: Kai Bojens
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] SMTP transport interface IPv4/IPv6
Am 06.09.22 um 19:08 schrieb Andreas Metzler via Exim-users:
> On 2022-09-06 Kai Bojens via Exim-users <exim-users@???> wrote:
>> Host A: Has a transport with an explicit "interface = 1.2.3.4" IPv4

>> Host A now sends mail to Host B and uses this transport correctly but
>> chooses the hosts's IPv6 instead of the configured interface IPv4 address.

> "interface" does not set the protocol (IPv4/IPv6).

(…)
> Afaiu the router determines the destination (IPv6 or IPv4 host) and the
> transport can only go from there.

I've solved it with adding "ipv4_only = yes" to the dnslookup router,
and now the right ipv4 address is used for sending these mails.

As for the why: we are separating some domains from each other and for
the forseeable future we want them to use IPv4 only. Other mails can of
course be routed via IPv6.

Greetings,
Kai Bojens