Re: [exim] Spurious "BDAT command used when CHUNKING not ad…

Author: Ian Kelling
To: Jesse Hathaway
CC: Jeremy Harris, exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Spurious "BDAT command used when CHUNKING not advertised"?

Jesse Hathaway via Exim-users <exim-users@???> writes:

> On Thu, May 12, 2022 at 5:30 PM Jeremy Harris <jgh@???> wrote:
>> With 4.96 you can set up speculative debug, using ACL.
>> Anybody want to try getting a capture?
>
> Thanks to Jeremy's patch in 462e2cd306 we did not see these errors again
> when running a 4.96-RC1 build for a couple of days.

I didn't change my exim, hoping google had fixed whatever they were
doing, but they started causing the error again recently.

I chose to disabled BDAT rather than upgrade to a development version,
and for anyone else curious: this is the option in the main config I
came up with:

chunking_advertise_hosts = ! google.com : ! *.google.com

--
Ian Kelling | Senior Systems Administrator, Free Software Foundation
GPG Key: B125 F60B 7B28 7FF6 A2B7 DF8F 170A F0E2 9542 95DF