Re: [exim] Some Emails to gmail now hang

Author: Graeme Coates
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Some Emails to gmail now hang
I repeated the test with tso off in the NIC. Process as follows:

1. Stop Exim, remove fastopen exclusion in transport conf.
2. ethtool -K eth0 tso off; ethtool -K eth0 tx off
3. Restart exim, retest.

Still experiencing timeouts in a similar fashion much as before - tshark
summary:
https://www.chromosphere.co.uk/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2022/08/tfo_nic.txt

Of note, here's the output from ethtool --show-offload when I ran the test:

 # ethtool --show-offload eth0
Features for eth0:
rx-checksumming: on [fixed]
tx-checksumming: off
        tx-checksum-ipv4: off [fixed]
        tx-checksum-ip-generic: off
        tx-checksum-ipv6: off [fixed]
        tx-checksum-fcoe-crc: off [fixed]
        tx-checksum-sctp: off [fixed]
scatter-gather: on
        tx-scatter-gather: on
        tx-scatter-gather-fraglist: off [fixed]
tcp-segmentation-offload: off
        tx-tcp-segmentation: off
        tx-tcp-ecn-segmentation: off
        tx-tcp-mangleid-segmentation: off
        tx-tcp6-segmentation: off
generic-segmentation-offload: on
generic-receive-offload: on
large-receive-offload: off [fixed]
rx-vlan-offload: off [fixed]
tx-vlan-offload: off [fixed]
ntuple-filters: off [fixed]
receive-hashing: off [fixed]
highdma: on [fixed]
rx-vlan-filter: on [fixed]
vlan-challenged: off [fixed]
tx-lockless: off [fixed]
netns-local: off [fixed]
tx-gso-robust: on [fixed]
tx-fcoe-segmentation: off [fixed]
tx-gre-segmentation: off [fixed]
tx-gre-csum-segmentation: off [fixed]
tx-ipxip4-segmentation: off [fixed]
tx-ipxip6-segmentation: off [fixed]
tx-udp_tnl-segmentation: off [fixed]
tx-udp_tnl-csum-segmentation: off [fixed]
tx-gso-partial: off [fixed]
tx-tunnel-remcsum-segmentation: off [fixed]
tx-sctp-segmentation: off [fixed]
tx-esp-segmentation: off [fixed]
tx-udp-segmentation: off [fixed]
tx-gso-list: off [fixed]