Re: [exim] Problems with rewriting a domain

Author: Olaf Hopp (SCC)
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Problems with rewriting a domain
On 8/9/22 17:54, Andrew C Aitchison wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Aug 2022, Olaf Hopp (SCC) via Exim-users wrote:

[...]

> You have:
>        ^(.*)@(.*)\.olddomain\.org $1@$2.newdomain.org TS
>
> The examples suggest that:
>
>     *@*olddomain.org $1@$2.newdomain.org TS
>
> would be sufficient.

When using 'S' as rewriting flag you must use regular expressions.
Otherwise exim won't start:
    rewrite rule has the S flag but is not a regular expression
And I think I need the 'S' flag here, otherwise my routing fails.

> In particular I doubt that you need the anchoring "^".

And also the leading '^' is necessary when using 'S'
otherwise exim also fails to start for the same reason

> Perhaps the extending patterns are forcing $1 to include
> the opening "<", so that the matching ">" is never removed ?
>
> This does seem like a bug though.

I also think so

Olaf

--
Karlsruher Institut für Technologie (KIT)
Steinbuch Centre for Computing (SCC)

Dipl.-Geophys. Olaf Hopp

Zirkel 2
Gebäude 20.21, Raum 316
76131 Karlsruhe

Telefon: +49 721 608-48009
E-Mail: Olaf.Hopp@???
Web: www.scc.kit.edu

Sitz der Körperschaft:
Kaiserstraße 12, 76131 Karlsruhe

KIT - Die Forschungsuniversität in der Helmholtz-Gemeinschaft