Re: [exim] Autoreply empty mail from

Author: Lena
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Autoreply empty mail from
> From: Timur <timur@???>

> I have trouble with autoreply transport (and any email from Exim-self)
> in check DMARK when Exim send bounce/autoreply messages to google.
> I want to configure vacation-router. SPF, DKIM, PTR is configured for my
> server. When I send email from myself google receives it and pass DKIM,
> SPF, DMARK.
> When exim send autoreply message to google, google answer:
> user@??? R=dnslookup T=remote_smtp H=gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com
> [108.177.126.26]
> X=TLS1.3:ECDHE_X25519__ECDSA_SECP256R1_SHA256__AES_256_GCM:256 CV=yes:
> SMTP error from remote mail server after pipelined end of data:
> 550-5.7.26 Unauthenticated email from domain.com is not accepted due to
> 550-5.7.26 domain's DMARC policy. Please contact the administrator of
> 550-5.7.26 domain.com domain if this was a legitimate mail. Please visit
> 550-5.7.26 https://support.google.com/mail/answer/2451690 to learn about
> the 550 5.7.26 DMARC initiative.
> I run exim in debug mode and saw next:
>
> MAIL FROM and $sender_address_domain - empty

When MAIL FROM is empty, receivers should use the domain in HELO.
Give the command:

exim -be '$primary_hostname'

If it says not exactly the domain you use in DKIM
then use primary_hostname in the beginning of Exim config.

If your mail server handles mail for several domains then use helo_data
option in the smtp transport.