Re: [exim] drop connection on auth failure

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] drop connection on auth failure
On 15/07/2022 13:54, Julian Bradfield via Exim-users wrote:
> However, I can't see a way to do this. Am I missing something in the
> docs?

Sneaky: use an expansion in the server_condition, which when failing
deliberately goes on to try to expand *the content of* a known-tainted
variable ($sender_helo_name should be usable for this).

This will crash that exim process, hence dropping the connection.

Mind, it'll probably do it before logging anything too, so for your
fail2ban to still work you probably want to use an acl expansion
and logwrite, before that.

You could raise a wishlist-level bug asking for a neater way.

--
Cheers,
Jeremy