Re: [exim] How to debug when script calls exim via sendmail

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Evgeniy Berdnikov
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] How to debug when script calls exim via sendmail
On Mon, Jul 04, 2022 at 03:43:20PM +0200, Olaf Hopp (SCC) via Exim-users wrote:
> On 7/4/22 11:12, Evgeniy Berdnikov via Exim-users wrote:
> >
> > Place a script wrapper instead of symlink on /usr/sbin/sendmail, which
> > could add some flags, like that:
> >
> >     #!/bin/sh
> >     exec /path/to/exim -d+all "$@"

> Tried that with redirecting that command to <somefile>
> I see the beginning of the debug output in <somefile> but then
>
> 14:59:10 83016 cwd=/var/lib/sympa/list_data 12 args: /usr/sbin/exim4 -d+all -oi -odi -oem -N success,delay,failure -V00000021 -f bounce+o.hopp==a==example.com.edu==olaftest1==21@??? -- olaf@???
> 14:59:10 83016 trusted user
> exim: debugging permission denied

I suspect such combination of arguments "-N success,delay,failure" is
specific for Postfix and/or Sendmail, but not for Exim. As Exim's manual
says, "-N" suppresses delivery on transport level. Then, "-V" is unknown
option for Exim. Is any mail passed out after such submission?

> That is, what I was searching for, the way how sympa called the exim

Probably -N.. and -V.. should be removed for submission to Exim.
It can be done in wrapper script.

> > Or enable debug in ACL for non-SMTP messages (acl_not_smtp).
>
> So I gave this a chance. exim is 4.94.2 on Debian Bullseye
>
> acl_not_smtp = not_smtp_acl
> [...]
> begin acl
> not_smtp_acl:
>         accept
>         control = debug/opts=+all

> Logging is expected in file "debuglog" aside the usual exim logs.
> But nothing there.

If Exim is not started mail processing due illegal CLI options,
ACLs would not be executed. Nevertheless, try to set world-write
permissions to log directory.
--
Eugene Berdnikov