[exim] 4.96 and UUCP

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Markus Reschke
A: exim-users
Asunto: [exim] 4.96 and UUCP
Hi!

I'm using UUCP (over ssh) and updating exim to 4.96 caused some fun with
tainted variables. The uucp transport config includes

command = uux - -r $host!rmail ($local_part@$domain)

to send emails to a UUCP smarthost. As $local_part and $domain are now
tainted for pipe tranports I get errors like:

user@??? R=uucp_smarthost T=uucp_pipe: Tainted arg 4 for uucp_pipe
transport command: 'user@???'

IIRC, the 'recommended' way to solve issues with tainted variables is to
perform a database lookup. In this case (routing via a UUCP smarthost) I
can't create a database with all possible recipients for obvious reasons.
Luckily I found a post
(https://jimbobmcgee.wordpress.com/2020/07/29/de-tainting-exim-configuration-variables/)
which shows a hack to deal with this situation. However, I would prefer a
recommended solution (if available) or suggest to add an option to allow
tainted variables in a specific transport configuration.

ciao
  Markus
--
/ Markus Reschke              \