[exim] new release 4.96 and pcre2

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Jim Pazarena
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: [exim] new release 4.96 and pcre2
I loaded 4.96 on a FBSD box , I learned that it insisted on pcre2 . So
far so good , I got that corrected in my Local / Makefile .
It seemed to be working fine in a test environment , that is , until I
noticed that my main server , running 4.94.2 cannot speak to it .

4.94.2 logs: Operation timed out H=mca2.emailh.ca [23.235.65.102]: SMTP
timeout after initial connection
and the 4.96 logs:  no MAIL in SMTP connection from emailh.ca
[23.235.65.100] D=5m

When I think back , I seem to recall I had similar issues moving to 4.95
, and that's why the main server is still at 4.94.2

Suggestions would be appreciated as to a solution . All FreeBSD .
4.96 on a 13.1 FBSD and 4.94.2 is 13.0

This also could be something to do with sha1 vs sha2 . As the newer FBSD
will not speak sha1 .
Not quite sure where to start on this .
Thanks .

--