Re: [exim] Closing off Port to non-SSL traffic

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Mark Elkins
A: 'Mailing List'
Asunto: Re: [exim] Closing off Port to non-SSL traffic
I'm very interested in what you are doing.

My thinking along country blocking for the submission of email addresses
is...

Subscribers have their data in a database. They have a properly secured
web access system to that database for account management purposes
(change their password - etc). I could also add a list of countries that
they expect to send (Submission) emails from or where they might use
POP3/IMAP from, something like a string "ZA,UK,MZ" (for South Africa, UK
and Mozambique) which they can also edit from a "multiple selection"
from all the worlds countries. I could also have a "home" country per
user. Knowing the IP address they are coming from and mapping that to a
country - that can be used to block password hackers from other
countries. The same defence can also sit on this management website -
once I know where all my clients are...
Add it to my webmail web site too.
I can always change customer "valid countries list" as well - when they
forget to do so in advance of a change of countries.

So Customers that country hop need to keep their choice of multiple
countries up to date, whilst the majority rarely have to change anything.

Thoughts?

--

Mark James ELKINS  -  Posix Systems - (South) Africa
mje@??? Tel: +27.826010496 <tel:+27826010496>