Re: [exim] google bounce messages

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Julian Bradfield
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] google bounce messages
On 2022-06-25, Randy Bush via Exim-users <exim-users@???> wrote:
[ who?
>> Please, do not send reply direct to me, one message via ML is
>> enough...
>
> the world needs to modify mua reply behavior because your M*A can't deal
> with dupes?

No, exim-users members should follow what has been standard tech list
etiquette since forever. As the exim-users etiquette guide says,
"In general discussion should take place on the list itself, and
replies should be sent to the list rather than the originator."
It does go on to say "Some people prefer to send responses to both
list and originator. If you prefer not to get CCs to your personal
address, set a Reply-to header containing the mailing list address."
but I can't see why the burden should be on the recipient to get round
poor etiquette.

If your MUA can't do the right thing, get a better MUA.
Duplicate suppression is a real pain - if the personal copy arrives
first, the list copy won't get filtered into wherever you keep list
mail.