Re: [exim] Closing off Port to non-SSL traffic

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Julian Bradfield
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Closing off Port to non-SSL traffic
On 2022-06-23, The Doctor via Exim-users <exim-users@???> wrote:
> Is their a way to close off Port 25 unless you are using SSL?
>
> Heads up
>
> The I caught on porn now pay up scandal is back.

Did it ever go away?

> Further this hackers are maurauding mail servers for usernames
> and passwords to relay their messages.

Tedious, isn't it. I get probed by 5000 hosts per day. I've now set
fail2ban to "one strike and you're out".

> We all need to closing port 25 to non-SSL traffic.

I don't understand how that helps. You shouldn't be allowing plain
text password authentication over non-SSL connections now - the
default configuration doesn't allow this.
How does it help to ban other non-SSL communication?