Re: [exim] google bounce messages

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] google bounce messages
On 22/06/2022 12:19, Robert Steinmetz via Exim-users wrote:
> That's what I think I'm doing. I do not have any IPv6 records so no
> IPv6 address should be included.  I'll check the transport to see if
> it has the correct entry, my server does have  local IPv6 address,
> perhaps that's being communicated. Please see the previous response
> where it is suggested that IPv6 is required.

I'm not sure what you mean by IPv6 records. If you mean DNS records, you
don't need them to use IPv6. You just need an IPv6 address and
connectivity. You can check IPv6 addresses with 'ip -6 addr show', but
you do seem to have IPv6, as you connected using IPv6 to the Google SMTP
server that rejected the email.

For delivering mail (whether IPv6 or IPv4) reverse DNS PTR records are
pretty much necessary, though. You'll need them in all outbound
addresses used, both v4 and v6.

--
Make it myself? But I'm a physical organic chemist!

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@???