Re: [exim] Additional line in body when submitting?

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Andrew C Aitchison
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Kamil Jońca
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] Additional line in body when submitting?
On Thu, 2 Jun 2022, Kamil Jońca via Exim-users wrote:

> Jeremy Harris via Exim-users <exim-users@???> writes:
>
>> Doh. I am so stupid.
>>
>> I finally looked at the docs for the pipe transport, and there is the
>> answer staring at me.
>>

>> ===========================
>> message_suffix     Use: pipe     Type: string†     Default: see below

>> The string specified here is expanded and output at the end of
>> every message. The default is unset if use_bsmtp is set. Otherwise
>> it is a single newline. The suffix can be suppressed by setting
>>
>> message_suffix=
>> ===========================
>>
> Wow! Thanks for clarification. So it seems that is expected behavior.
> But ... why such default walue?
> Especially when other transports does not do that?

It was very common (and still isn't unusual) for unix scripts that
work in pipelines to process data a line at a time. I guess at least
one of them would either hang or drop the incomplete last line
if the data did not end with a newline.

--
Andrew C. Aitchison                    Kendal, UK
             andrew@???