[exim] [RESOLVED] Re: 4.95 failed to stat log directory /va…

Author: Axel Rau
To: Jeremy Harris
CC: Exim-users
Subject: [exim] [RESOLVED] Re: 4.95 failed to stat log directory /var/spool/exim/log:

> Am 21.05.2022 um 21:25 schrieb Jeremy Harris via Exim-users <exim-users@???>:
>
> Also, is this a "vanilla" Exim installation, with the Exim binary
> setuid root (Exim usually needs that so it can deliver to local
> user mailbox files. But it runs most of the time with dropped
> privs).

Ah, set’s the point
I’m security minded and refused running it suid, but your words just changed my mind. (-:
It is a ports option in FreeBSD ports and I just changed this because I have local mail usage for periodic (passed on command line) on all hosts.

It resolves the issue.

> How are these messages passed to exim - commandline or smtp?

Thanks to all. who responded !

Axel
---
PGP-Key: CDE74120 ☀ computing @ chaos claudius