Re: [exim] Routing instead of smarthost

Author: Gedalya
To: tovis
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Routing instead of smarthost
On 5/20/22 22:16, R-VISOR-TOVIS wrote:

> In Debian seems to be all configuration files (there are) for exim in the directory
> /etc/exim4
> Is it enough to save every thing from this directory, it would be enough to restore the exim configuration?

Almost enough.

Other files that can affect exim's behavior are /etc/email-addresses, /etc/aliases

When the file /etc/exim4/exim4.conf exists, then Debian's exim will use it in preference over the autogenerated /var/lib/exim4/config.autogenerated, and also the autogeneration scripts no nothing.

/etc/exim4/passwd.client is used for the smarthost, and that's really about it.

As for exim _state_, it's all under /var/spool/exim4/, the most important being any messages on the queue.

(For future record, take this in context, we're talking about a Debian configuration only slightly modified)