Re: [exim] Routing instead of smarthost

Author: mouse
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Routing instead of smarthost
On 2022-05-19 19:01, R-VISOR-TOVIS via Exim-users wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm running exim 4.92-8+deb10u6 on Debian version 10.11
> Default configuration "smart_host"
>
> Unfortunately, with more and more restrictions in mailing systems I
> need to address every emails to appropriate smtp server, not one
> "smart host".
>
> I do not have enough practice, on some forum I have got a suggestion
> to build/setup different "routs".
>
> Could I do that? - sending emails of different domains to appropriate
> smtp server?
>
> Is there any useful example for this?
>
> Regards
> tovis

Hi. As I understand you need one or more "manualroute routers".
From Exim doc:
"The manualroute router is so-called because it provides a way of
manually routing an address according to its domain. It is mainly used
when you want to route addresses to remote hosts according to your own
rules, bypassing the normal DNS routing that looks up MX records."