Re: [exim] The No Certificate Warning and the Right Way to S…

Author: Martin McCormick
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] The No Certificate Warning and the Right Way to Stop it
Andrew C Aitchison via Exim-users <exim-users@???> writes:
> I think you control that with your answer to the
>        dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config
> question "General type of mail configuration:"

>Which are you using ?
>        mail sent by smarthost; received via SMTP or fetchmail

    As for listeneing:

Package configuration

  Please enter a semicolon-separated list of IP addresses. The Exim SMTP
  listener daemon will listen on all IP addresses listed here.
  An empty value will cause Exim to listen for connections on all
  available network interfaces.
  If this system only receives mail directly from local services (and not
  from other hosts), it is suggested to prohibit external connections to
  the local Exim daemon. Such services include e-mail programs (MUAs)
  which talk to localhost only as well as fetchmail. External connections
  are impossible when 127.0.0.1 is entered here, as this will disable
  listening on public network interfaces.
  IP-addresses to listen on for incoming SMTP connections:

    That has been the setup since 2015 when I began using the
ISP's mailer.

Martin