Re: [exim] The No Certificate Warning and the Right Way to S…

Author: Martin McCormick
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] The No Certificate Warning and the Right Way to Stop it
Jeremy Harris via Exim-users <exim-users@???> writes:
> That doesn't look quite right...
>
> What is the output of "exim4 -bP tls_certificate tls_privatekey" ?

tls_certificate =
tls_privatekey =

    That looks like they aren't being read at all. or that I
am confused about the generated files and have failed to generate
the ones I thought I was generating.  This would be a perfect
explanation for why the certificate warning takes a licking and
keeps on ticking to steal an advertising slogan about a watch
from the late 1950's.

    In all honesty, I have never dug in to exim4 with this
much intensity in all the years I have been using Linux so I
truly appreciate all this feedback.  One would think that command
should either print the contents of those variables or some other
indication about them since there is a file for each in
/etc/exim4.
-rw-r----- 1 root Debian-exim  1245 May  8 21:43 exim.crt
-rw-r----- 1 root Debian-exim  1704 May  8 21:41 exim.key

Martin