[exim] Enabling SPF check for incoming emails in Exim

Author: Mohammad Ishtiaq Ashiq Khan
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Enabling SPF check for incoming emails in Exim
Hello all,
I'm playing with Exim and created a mail server that can accept and send
emails alright. Now, I want to enable SPF checking for every incoming email
so that a Received SPF header is added to these emails. But I can't seem to
figure out a way how to do this.

The doc says SPF verification support is built into Exim if SUPPORT_SPF=yes
is set in Local/Makefile. The support uses the libspf2 library
https://www.libspf2.org/.

But I suppose one can only set this option to yes if he/she is building
Exim from the source. I installed it directly from the ubuntu package (I
imagine libspf2 is auto-installed then) and don't know where the location
of the Local/Makefile is. I am pretty sure this can be done pretty easily
but I have no clue about this right now. Can someone help me in
this regard?

More details on this question are on serverfault.com:
https://serverfault.com/questions/1098089/how-to-configure-exim-to-check-spf-record-for-incoming-emails-and-add-received

Thanks.

--
Mohammad Ishtiaq Ashiq Khan,