Re: [exim] stuck exim processes

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] stuck exim processes
On 25/03/2022 08:30, Patrik Peng via Exim-users wrote:
> Yes, it was "büro".

After a little struggle, that u-umlaut seems to
be the byte sequence 0xC3 0xBC, at least as my
email has it.

Feeding that "büro" to the testsuite under linux shows
it successfully translated to "xn--bro-hoa" which implies
reasonable UTF-8 (and a random webref of
https://www.utf8-chartable.de/ agrees, calling 0xC3 0xBC
"LATIN SMALL LETTER U WITH DIAERESIS".

So either the library on your system has a problem
[I checked on a FreeBSD 12.2 also] or the email
chain munged the coding for that letter. If you
have any way to check what it was on your system
that would be good.

Meantime, I think this last coredump is only affecting
the logging of delivery; the delivery has already
been done (though we don't know its success).
--
Cheers,
Jeremy