Re: [exim] default certificate file /etc/exim4/exim.crt

Author: Cyborg
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] default certificate file /etc/exim4/exim.crt
Am 21.03.22 um 09:45 schrieb jk-exim via Exim-users:

> So it works now for me now but I still have a feeling there is something
> wrong.

I suggest to talk to your distribution maintainer about this, as it's
not the default config you may think of:

i.E. this from the Fedora example config:
/
//# Specify the location of the Exim server's TLS certificate and
private key.//
//# The private key must not be encrypted (password protected). You can
put//
//# the certificate and private key in the same file, in which case you
only//
//# need the first setting, or in separate files, in which case you need
both//
//# options.//
//
//tls_certificate = /etc/pki/tls/certs/exim.pem//
//tls_privatekey = /etc/pki/tls/private/exim.pem/

No macros, no defines. This one from exim's github config examples:

/# SSL options. advertise TLS but don't insist on it.//
//
//tls_advertise_hosts=*//
//tls_certificate=/var/cert/securemail.your.site.cert//
//tls_privatekey=/var/cert/securemail.your.site.key//
//tls_verify_hosts= *//
/

best regards,
Marius