Re: [exim] Staying in the queue taints data ?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Olaf Hopp (SCC)
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Staying in the queue taints data ?
On 3/9/22 16:56, Jeremy Harris via Exim-users wrote:
> On 09/03/2022 13:49, Jeremy Harris via Exim-users wrote:
>> I agree that queued and non-queued should behave the same.
>
> For your router, the dommains= test will have set up $domain_data.
> Use it.
>
> You'd need to do a similar job for $local_part, but it's unclear
> to me how or if that that is being used.

Hi Jeremy,
thanks for your valuable input. Sorry, I was a kind of busy the last two days.
Yes, indeed the router and the transport are a bit confusing.
I inherited that setup for the link between exim and the sympa list manager.
Since this setup was working for years I regarded is as a black box
and I didn't touch it. Until now, since we got those taint warnings.

The command="SYMPA_BIN/queue $local_part@$domain"
in the transport is senseless. Even when I write some
rubbish into it it is never executed.
I deleted it, since it is not called from elsewhere

Replacing $domain by $domain_data in the data line
of the router fixes the issue.

So the issue itself seems to be resolved for me.

Do you still want me to debug the asymmetric behaviour wether
the mail was in the queue or not ?

Regards, Olaf

--
Karlsruher Institut für Technologie (KIT)
Steinbuch Centre for Computing (SCC)

Dipl.-Geophys. Olaf Hopp

Zirkel 2
Gebäude 20.21, Raum 316
76131 Karlsruhe

Telefon: +49 721 608-48009
E-Mail: Olaf.Hopp@???
Web: www.scc.kit.edu

Sitz der Körperschaft:
Kaiserstraße 12, 76131 Karlsruhe

KIT - Die Forschungsuniversität in der Helmholtz-Gemeinschaft