Re: [exim] stuck exim processes

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Martin Waschbüsch
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] stuck exim processes

Am 17.02.22 um 00:38 schrieb Michael Tratz via Exim-users:

>> On Feb 16, 2022, at 1:28 PM, Jeremy Harris via Exim-users <exim-users@???> wrote:
>>
>> On 16/02/2022 20:42, Michael Tratz via Exim-users wrote:
>>> I usually can find a few messages per day on a server so if you need me to test a patch, please let me know.
>>
>> Useful to know. I assume that since you're running
>> with those patches, the periodic daemon restart wworkaround
>> has no effect? How long has the daemon been up for?
>
> No restarting the daemon doesn’t do anything. The only solution which works is to kill all exim processes and then restart the daemon.
> exim will run through the queue and try again. The same messages which caused the delivery process to be stuck will again cause a stuck process. Once the retry rules have been exhausted (5 days) the message will be removed from the queue after a new restart and killing all exim processes. Otherwise those messages will just stick around. I had some which were in the queue for 20+ days until I noticed that issue.

FWIW, reading through the patches Jeremy thought might not yet be
applied for the FreeBSD exim version we are using, I think he did not
suggest that restarting would 'fix' messages already stuck.
Rather, if the issue were related to the patches / issues he mentioned,
restarting the daemon might prevent messages from getting stuck in the
first place.

Best,

Martin