Re: [exim] exim maildirsize quota calculation in the face of…

Author: Cyborg
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim maildirsize quota calculation in the face of symlinks
Am 10.02.22 um 11:55 schrieb Maarten van Baarsel via Exim-users:

> I was surprised by the symlink behaviour so I'm reconsidering the use of
> the dovecot plugin, but I still wanted to ask whether this behaviour is
> considered OK. I've read the appendfile docs and I could find anything
> explicit about symlinks.

You will be much more puzzled, when dovecot starts to make hardlinks for
your emailfiles
and exim starts to count the quota differently than i.e. "du" does.

here is a report about this behaviour and how to fix the issue:

https://marius.bloggt-in-braunschweig.de/2014/11/30/exim-hoehere-quota-durch-hardlinks/

use deepl.com for translation from german to your desired language.

Best regards,
Marius