Re: [exim] Working around “exim: permission denied”

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Evgeniy Berdnikov
A: exim-users
Temas antiguos: Re: [exim] Working around “exim: ?=permission =?utf-8?Q?denied”
Asunto: Re: [exim] Working around “exim: permission denied”
On Thu, Jan 27, 2022 at 01:16:52PM -0500, Michael Steigman via Exim-users wrote:
> Is there a way to enable more debugging info (exim is started with -bdf)?

Yes, option "-d<selectors>", but it's not effective for access problems.

> I tried strace but I don’t see anything obvious in that dump.

On the first, you should find the access violation point in your trace.

On the second, pay attentions to syscalls setuid(), seteuid(), setfsuid(),
setreuid(), setresuid() and their *gid() counterparts, also for setpgrp(),
setpgid(). If some of them emit errors, it's a trouble. My advice is to
light out regex "(uid|gid|grp)\(" in trace file.

And then try to understand what are attributes *uid/*gid of process
when Exim breaks on access. This way is not easy and obvious, yes.
--
Eugene Berdnikov