Re: [exim] Working around “exim: ?=permission =?utf-8?Q?de…

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Jeremy Harris
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] Working around “exim: ?=permission =?utf-8?Q?denied”
On 27/01/2022 18:16, Michael Steigman via Exim-users wrote:
> I checked out Chapter 56, section 3 of the docs

Yup, that's the one I was recalling.

> and don’t see any advice about running without setuid to either root or exim.

Nor me. Exim was developed wayyy before containers.

That said, if this setup works running under the exim user:group is there any place you could suggest I check when running this as another user, given the fact this is a relay?

Replaying what to where? What are your actual needs?

Is there a way to enable more debugging info (exim is started with -bdf)?

Extensive debug capabilities live behind the -d commandline option.
It can be used in combo with your current options, BUT

- outputs to stderr
- daemon stays in foreground
- use is restricted to "admin" users (Ch.5 Sec. 2)

You can also start/stop debug on an individual message basis
from ACL (but in current releases, only for ACL processing;
extension to delivery phases was only added recently).
--
Cheers,
Jeremy