Re: [exim] Working around “exim: permission denied”

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Jeremy Harris
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Παλιά Θέματα: [exim] Working around =?utf-8?Q?=E2=80=9Cexim=3A_?=permission denied”
Καινούρια Θέματα: Re: [exim] Working around “exim: ?=permission =?utf-8?Q?denied”
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] Working around “exim: permission denied”
On 25/01/2022 21:05, Michael Steigman via Exim-users wrote:
> With OpenShift, however, all containers are run by a user with an arbitrary ID. That ID is linked to the project you are running the image in. It’s usually something like 1001360000. OpenShift adds the user to the image and makes it a member of the group root before starting up a container with the image.

I'm not a containers user myself, but Exim generally runs with the
assumption it needs to become anybody - for two reasons: opening
priv ports (25 is usually a restricted one) and delivery
into user's mailboxes. Therefore, suid root.

There's some notes in the docs on running in alternate modes,
(but I've never tried).

--
Cheers,
Jeremy