Re: [exim-dev] exim 4.95: Remote host closed connection in r…

Author: Zakaria
To: Axel Rau
CC: Exim-dev, users
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] exim 4.95: Remote host closed connection in response to end of data
Hi Axel,

I had this issue, by setting in smtp as well as lmtp transport the OS default tls-ca-bundle path, it resolved it. Apparently either IMAP server or your server set to close connection if fails CV or port 2026 for LMTP is not accessible from SMTP server .

lmtp_transport:
……
        tls_verify_certificates = /etc/pki/ca-trust/extracted/pem/tls-ca-bundle.pem
        hosts_require_tls =  host_list

smtp_transport:
……..
        tls_verify_certificates = /etc/pki/ca-trust/extracted/pem/tls-ca-bundle.pem
        hosts_require_tls =  host_list

The solution it might be just with my case. Also, I noticed LMTP server IP must be exposed to internet via port, in your case 2026.

Good luck

Zakaria.