Re: [exim] Taint checker confusing error (blaming file but c…

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Jeremy Harris
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] Taint checker confusing error (blaming file but caused by later ldap lookup)
On 22/12/2021 07:33, Christian Balzer via Exim-users wrote:
> LOCALDOM = /etc/exim4/localdomains
> domainlist local_domains = @:localhost:LOCALDOM:ldap;ldap::///ou=mail,dc=do,dc=main?mailDomain?sub?mailDomain=$domain

Doh. Ignore my previous question; I'd misread.

This issue here is that the use of $domain in that string,
which happens to be a domain list, is tainting the entire string.
That includes the LOCALDOM element, after its macro-expansion,
so when that gets used as a filename, you trap.

I'm not sure what you can do about this. How many places
is this local_domains being used (probably many).
Could you lose either the fixed file or the ldap?
--
Cheers,
Jeremy