Re: [exim] Two nested 'dsearch' to avoid tainted data ?

Author: Michael Haardt
To: Olaf Hopp (SCC) via Exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Two nested 'dsearch' to avoid tainted data ?
"Olaf Hopp (SCC) via Exim-users" <exim-users@???> wrote:
> ok, I see the point. In the calling router I still have the "old"
>     require_files = /etc/exim4/autoreply/${domain}/${local_part}.msg
> which does not throw "tainted data" errors.
> So I can shift the logic to the router (make it complicated there)
> and use local_part_data / domain_data in the corresponding (simplified) transport.

I had similar thoughts at first, because since Exim 4 I was used to one
line queries like yours above, but then found that the old fashioned
looking approach of checking domain and local part in the router to
set the *_data variables is not more complicated and ends up with a
configuration about as simple as it used to be, but safe.

Michael