[exim] Connection limiting in general and per host

Author: AC
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Connection limiting in general and per host
Hi all,

I currently have smtp_accept_max_per_connection configured to reduce the
number of connections bots can make to the server. However, for some
internal hosts I'd like to override that so the internal hosts can send
more messages in a single connection. I see that there's a setting
smtp_accept_max_per_host that I could potentially use but it's not clear
how to use that with some kind of fallback for hosts outside of my
network. I'd really only need two values, one for the inside network
(unlimited or very large) and one for the outside world (what is
currently my smtp_accept_max_per_connection).

Advice greatly appreciated.