Re: [exim] How to use DKIM with Ed25519 - Dual DKIM signing

Author: Odhiambo Washington
To: Evgeniy Berdnikov
CC: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] How to use DKIM with Ed25519 - Dual DKIM signing
On Thu, Oct 14, 2021 at 4:25 PM Evgeniy Berdnikov via Exim-users <
exim-users@???> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 14, 2021 at 03:24:56PM +0300, Odhiambo Washington via
> Exim-users wrote:
> > 1. I have 2 private keys - dkim.priv.key and dkim_ed25519.priv.key
> > 2. I have published a DNS record for key1._domainkey.example.com for the
> > RSA, and key2._domainkey.example.com for the ED25519 keys respectively
> >
> > Any easier way to integrate that into my transport?
>
> Documentation states:
>
> |  dkim_selector        Use: smtp       Type: string list†      Default:
> unset
> |
> |  This sets the key selector string. After expansion, which can use
> |  $dkim_domain, this can be a list. Each element in turn is put in the
> |  expansion variable $dkim_selector which may be used in the
> |  dkim_private_key option along with $dkim_domain.

> Does the assignment dkim_selector="key1:key2" work?

I don't think that would work, because I have to then match a selector to a
key.

I found a write-up by Phil Pennock that addresses this kind of situation:

https://lists.exim.org/lurker/message/20180416.043034.5a61f10d.en.html

I just need to make heads/tails of the config.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,