Re: [exim] TLS problems with 4.95 under arch linux

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Torsten Luettgert
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] TLS problems with 4.95 under arch linux
On Wed, 2021-10-06 at 16:34 +0100, Jeremy Harris via Exim-users wrote:
> That implies it will try to coredump, I think.  Can you
> do whatever magic Arch needs for coredumps from suid programs,
> compile a version with "-O0 -g"  (or -ggdb), get a coredump,
> and get the stacktrace ("bt" in gdb)?   Then we have a change of
> guessing
> what was being free()d.

Yup, found it. It had nothing to do with TLS - it's in the PAM
authentication. It came up on the list (I think) too, that PAM tries to
free stuff not allocated with malloc() in exim - changing to dovecot
authentication (which then uses pam) solved my problem.

Thanks and regards,
Torsten