Re: [exim] Regarding handling suspened email accounts

Author: Cyborg
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Regarding handling suspened email accounts
Am 16.09.21 um 11:37 schrieb Sherin A via Exim-users:
> Hello,
>
> I have the following router setting or validating suspened accounts and
> the perl validation is working fine.
>
>    suspendedcheck:
>      # check if sending user is suspened
>      driver = redirect
>      domains = +local_domains : $primary_hostname
>      condition =${if eq
> {${perl{is_suspended}{$domain_data}{$local_part}}}{yes}{no}}
>      allow_fail
>      allow_defer
>      allow_freeze
>      data = :fail: Suspended account
>      no_more

> But the problem is this email is still sending to transport and delivering
> to the inbox. Do it suppoes to simply fail ?

First thought: it's not processed at all.

Do a debug run and check, if it's really used:

exim -d externaldomaintest@??? < /tmp/mail.fail

use the suspended address, fake a mail to that address and watch the
routers list to be processed. You can see, if the condition you created
really ->yields<- a "true" .

Best regards,
Marius