Re: [exim-dev] buildfarm animals

Author: Fabian Groffen
To: Jeremy Harris via Exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] buildfarm animals
On 15-09-2021 19:27:23 +0100, Jeremy Harris via Exim-dev wrote:
> On 14/09/2021 12:57, Jeremy Harris via Exim-dev wrote:
> > On 14/09/2021 12:49, Fabian Groffen wrote:
> >> Is it possible to first check for PCRE2_CONFIG and then bark when
> >> PCRE_CONFIG is found?  papua has both installed, but since I cannot
> >> change config per branch, if I could set both PCRE2_CONFIG and
> >> PCRE_CONFIG, both old and new strategies could run.
> >
> > Per-branch config can be done in the config file.  Just before the last line
> > add something like:
> >

> > if ($branch eq '4.next')
> > {
> >         # $conf{makefile_add}{CFLAGS} .= ' -std=c99 -D_BSD_SOURCE -D_POSIX_SOURCE';
> > }
> >

> Further, unless you are doing something unusual you don't
> need to specify either PCRE_CONFIG or PCRE2_CONFIG; the
> default EDITME has it enabled as appropriate for the branch.
>
> Both should "just run".

background:
I'm trying to test the config as we produce to build Exim in Gentoo,
that config specifies PCRE_CONFIG at the moment (will update for next
release to PCRE2_CONFIG).

So, hacking this is a bit more complex for me, as the config is being
generated from the Gentoo ebuild.

(I once wanted to test a bunch of configurations, but the build-env is
all but flexible to do so.)

Thanks,
Fabian

--