Re: [exim] Exim 4.95-RC2 released

Author: jgh
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim 4.95-RC2 released
On 06/09/2021 08:27, Evgeniy Berdnikov via Exim-users wrote:
> Several happened last night, 1st coredump is below.

[I don't seem to be able to mail you directly]

OK. We're doing a callout from ACL, so that's either a
recipient or sender verify. The callout smtp is using STARTTLS.
We've done the TLS handshake and are checking on GnuTLS'
knowledge of the server certificate.

The call into the library only hands it a session handle,
so whatever pointer is wrong is internal at that point.
It could still be something we handed it earlier;
possibily a null pointer; possibly a pointer to data
we didn't expect the library to modify and have made readonly.

Can you get the actual pointer, by dumping the disassembly
and registers? We're hitting the limits of my gdb here,
but it might be possible to dump the value pointed to
(assuming non-null) and hence identify the config setting.
If it is one then the fix will involve copying the value
to modifiable memory before passing it to GnuTLS...
The is-null possibility will be harder to find.

It'd also be useful to know the version of GnuTLS;
please run "exim4 -d -bV" and extract the version that says.
--
Cheers,
Jeremy