Re: [exim] exim can't handle 521 response from remote MX

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Sabahattin Gucukoglu
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] exim can't handle 521 response from remote MX
On 4 Sep 2021, at 15:42, Jeremy Harris via Exim-users <exim-users@???> wrote:
> On 04/09/2021 15:03, Sabahattin Gucukoglu via Exim-users wrote:
>> perhaps Exim should consider the last line of a response instead of the first for purposes of evaluation?
>
> I don't see a coherent argument for either direction,
> when they differ.
>
> If postscreen is doing it so wrongly, it is the thing that needs fixing.

I agree, it is, but Exim should be robust, all the same. Deferring mail when not needed is obviously undesirable.

Postscreen’s entire reason for being is to defend against the Internet’s SMTP barbarians, so being standards-compliant is perhaps understandably not a high priority. I don’t approve, myself, and haven’t used it, but I appreciate why it exists. The site should configure it right, but by its nature it cannot co-exist with a valid SMTP server process while efficiently disposing a new client, and if it rejects a site by policy, it’s not obliged to accommodate it.

Cheers,
Sabahattin