Re: [pcre-dev] PCRE infrastructure is moving

Author: Giuseppe D'Angelo
To: Philip Hazel
CC: Lucas Trzesniewski, Pcre-dev <Pcre-dev@exim.org>
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] PCRE infrastructure is moving
Hi,

On Sun, 22 Aug 2021 at 12:18, Philip Hazel via Pcre-dev <pcre-dev@???>
wrote:

> Now I guess you just need to get used to GitHub, but just to clear any
> doubts: the releases page lets you upload anything you want for a given
> release (which corresponds to a given commit you tag)
>
> Unfortunately, that does not seem to be true. I have just tried to upload
> the 10.37 release files, but it won't upload file types that it does not
> support. So it won't upload .bz2 nor the signature .sig files. It only
> likes .gz and .zip apparently.

FWIW I've seen all sorts of files attached as "assets" for a release; if
there's an allowlist of formats, it must be quite permissive. We do release
appimages, yaml, and many other formats. About signatures, I've seen .asc
files used around (probably generated via gpg --armor --detach-sign
file.tar.gz).

HTH,
--
Giuseppe D'Angelo